Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Joy of Being an Aunt


An impossible thing happened... Hannah & Jake (Brandon's sister) moved to our town. I would NEVER have believed that I would be lucky enough to live this close to a sister, even if it's only for a little while. We've already gone to the stores together, eaten meals together, gone out to dinner together, dropped in at each others' houses, just for fun... it just feels right.

They've only been here a couple of weeks, and those girls already have me wrapped around their little fingers. The photographer in me can't stop thinking of gorgeous photo opportunities. :) They always run up and hug me and say "Mindy!" whenever they see me, and I can't even say how much joy that brings me. :) I'm pretty sure it's just because they love me, and has nothing to do with the fact that I give them an ice cream cone almost every time they see me... ;)

7 comments:

Amy said...

They are so cute!!! Love the pics!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

They are such darling little girls! They just seem like the sweetest family. Wish my family here were that nice-Ha!

Annalee Kelly said...

I wish you were my aunt! (Er, I mean, photographing- ice cream-giving relative)

Rachel Holloway said...

ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS...

Alison said...

That is awesome that they are living in your town. They are cute little girls. AND I love being an AUNT. I am the cool one of coarse!!!

Tanya said...

i saw these pics on your other site..and thought they were the cutest things ever!!! what cuties!

Anonymous said...

Darling girls! You have such talent as a photographer Mindy!