Last week we went to Parent Teacher Conferences for our boys. It was kind of funny. We went to Cooper's teacher first, and she says "We need to talk about his reading level." Brandon and I look at each other...we know what's coming. "He's reading at a 4th grade 5th month level. I've never seen this before." We're like, yeah, we've seen it before. Old news. Anyway, so here we go again. It was the same thing with Aubrey and Tyler. For some reason, our kids read at a much higher level, and astound their teachers. They don't know what to do with them. The school's solution for Aubrey and Tyler was to move them up a grade. We'll definitely not do that with Cooper. I think has been fine for Aubrey, but was a mistake with Tyler. Which brings us into Tyler's parent teacher conference. He's not doing so well. His teacher is rather clueless, which is a bad thing when dealing with Tyler. I don't know what we're going to do there. Tyler says he's going to be an artist or a baseball player when he grows up, and you don't need English to be an artist or a baseball player. I told him he might want to have a back up plan.
1 comment:
wow i hope my kids like to read and read that well. isn't it interesting that what works for one doesn't always work for another? interesting read.
Post a Comment