Thursday, October 06, 2011

Overhearing Something Good

"overhearing someone say nice things about you"

I saw this on pinterest this morning... and it really got me thinking. Of course it's nice to overhear someone say nice things about you. How amazing is that? To know someone is saying nice things because they really think them, and not just to your face because they feel like they should. But then, I got thinking...

How many times have I said something nice about somebody that they've overheard? I hope it's happened a lot. What if I gave opportunity for it to happen more by saying more nice things? I like that idea. :) Especially with my kids... my kids should be overhearing the most nice things.

New goal for my 4th quarter comeback.  :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Psst. Don't tell Mindy, but I spent a good chunk of my morning reading her old blog posts instead of helping get the kids off to school - because she is so wise and lovely I couldn't tear myself away)

Tari said...

I once read three way's to encourage children (or adults for that matter) is to tell them something good about themselves, say something good about them infront of them and tell someone you think might tell them something good.

galleygrapevine said...

I hear ya! I have found at work that everyone complains about what other people AREN'T doing, SO I decided I would always add something positive to their negative and hopefully all the negativity will stop. It is hard to not join in but I know that the things I say won't be hurtful if I am being positive.

Kim said...

Uh MINDY! How did I not know about your blog until now??? I LOVE IT!