Saturday, March 05, 2011

If You Thought I Forgot About This Blog...

 ... then you'd be right. Sorry I haven't been updating. I know all of my friends and family are dying to know all about the Smith Family. ;)

We actually do have some news... and no, Melissa, I'm not going to have a baby. ;) Brandon got a new job!

A really great company here in Vernal that Brandon had talked to a looong time ago (when he was looking for a job a couple of times ago) contacted him recently to offer him a job. It's funny how work is so hard to come by when you're looking for it, but when you haven't been looking at all, it falls in your lap. I guess that's how life goes, isn't it?

Brandon really likes the company that he has been working for, so it was a hard decision, but the biggest thing that swayed us is that it will be a lot better for our family life. He will work Monday through Friday, 7 am to 5 pm. Every Sunday home with us, every evening home with us... I am so excited to not be a single parent at church and games and all of that anymore.  :)

We've also been thinking a lot lately how little time we have left with our kids, especially Aubrey. We don't want to lose any more time with her... she'll be gone in a little over two years. Isn't that sad?? We think this job will help us be able to do more as a family... the little every day things, like eating dinner together, and going to church together, and the kids seeing their dad every day.

I'm glad that we're going to be able to see Brandon more, and that we can stay in Vernal. I have so many good friends and family here, my photography is doing well, I love teaching at the rec, Aubrey is loving high school here... it's home, and I'm glad we didn't have to make a decision that would involve us choosing whether to stay here or leave.
Anyway... there's the scoop of the week. :) I'll try not to forget about the blog for so long again...

Oh! And we can't wait for spring!! Enjoy the pics of tulips. :)  (My sweet friend Tari gave them to me for my birthday.)

12 comments:

Candace said...

That's awesome, Mindy! It's such a relief when life changes for the better.

... I think since Aubrey's about to leave.... it's the PERFECT time for a new baby. ;) It'll cushion the blow of her leaving a little. ;)

katers said...

Yay yay yay!!! I am SO excited for you. ;)

Charlotte said...

That's great that you get to have Brandon home more. I'm a tad jealous...

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

That is so wonderful!! Yay for you guys.

Janice {Run Far} said...

A little birdie told me Brandon was offered that job. So happy for you guys. Love the tulips, T is the best.

Felicia H. said...

I am so excited for you guys, Brandon being home with you more will be so nice for your family I know how much you miss him when he is gone. Tell Brandon congrats from us :)

Rachel Holloway said...

SO HAPPY for you! Sounds like the best thing that could happen for your family, and I am SO glad. YOu guys deserve that...

Josh and Kristen said...

Congrats! What a tender mercy! The Lord has blessed you for you sweetness and your faithfulness! I am so happy for you that life will be a full of a little more Brandon! And... the tulips, sigh, they are so beautiful. Happy be-lated birthday!

Holly said...

Congrats. So happy for you. Your family deserves it! Enjoy your time together.

Brenda said...

You already know how I feel about Brandon's new job--but I'll say again I'm really happy that you'll get to spend more time together. Yay!

Karey said...

So glad for your family. Time really does fly and you'll be so glad to have this last two years be easier on your family.

tracy said...

HALLELUJAH!!!! I can't even tell you how happy I am for you! What is Brandon doing now? Enjoy those evenings together and think of me and how I don't have them...that will perhaps help you cherish them more.

Someday, someday, we will have our papa back.