Friday, December 08, 2006

Collin Raye Concert

Guess what I did last night? I played my violin in the Collin Raye concert!!! It was his Christmas concert, with an orchestra, and I got to be in the orchestra! It was so much fun, and I am so tired today. We had a 2 hour rehearsal, then a break, then the concert. I was actually on stage with Collin Raye...but unfortunately I didn't get to meet him. :o( The most awesome song to play was "I Can Still Feel You". Wow, was that a rush!

Lauritz and Lynda drove clear up to IF and back just to see the concert! Luckily I was able to beg two comp tickets for them. (They only gave 1 per orchestra member).

2 comments:

The Oylers said...

Mindy,
I persoanlly think that this is super cool. I never knew I had such a famous sister-in-law. Next time I see you can I get your autograph. Ha ha. But really I do think that playing there must of been really cool, and we are dang proud of you.

Take care and we'll see you in a bit.

Jake D Oyler

Adam Howell said...

Hey Mindy, that would be a lot of fun. I remember that Mom and I played for the Pearl Awards a few years back for Kurt Bestor's song. It was a lot of fun.